Bauchi Government Warns Residents Against Fake Job Scams, Says Civil Service Recruitment Is Not For Sale

Published on 23 May 2026 at 14:35

 

The Bauchi State Government has issued a public warning over alleged fake job racketeering schemes targeting job seekers in the state, stressing that recruitment into the state civil service is strictly based on merit and due process and is not for sale under any circumstance.

The warning was issued on Friday, May 23, 2026, following reports that unidentified individuals were allegedly impersonating government officials and claiming to have access to employment slots in ministries and agencies in exchange for money.

According to the Bauchi State Head of Service, Barrister Muhammad Sani Umar, and the Bauchi State Civil Service Commission, there is no ongoing or secret recruitment exercise outside officially advertised channels, and any claim suggesting otherwise is fraudulent.

The state government said it had received complaints from residents who alleged that individuals, whose names were not disclosed, had been approaching them with promises of securing civil service jobs for payments ranging from registration fees to alleged “confirmation charges.”

Officials stressed that legitimate recruitment into the Bauchi State civil service is handled strictly by the Bauchi State Civil Service Commission, in collaboration with relevant ministries and agencies, and is always publicly announced through official government communication platforms.

The government further warned that no individual, group, or consultant has been authorised to collect money or offer guaranteed employment on behalf of the state government, describing such acts as criminal and punishable under the law.

Authorities urged members of the public to report suspected fraudsters to the Bauchi State Police Command, the Department of State Services (DSS), or the nearest government office for investigation and possible prosecution.

The statement added that individuals involved in fake job offers are exploiting the high unemployment rate and desperation among youths seeking public sector employment, warning that the government would not hesitate to take legal action against anyone found culpable.

Security agencies in the state are expected to begin investigations into the reported scam networks, although as of the time of the announcement, no arrests had been officially confirmed.

The Bauchi State Government reiterated its commitment to transparency in recruitment processes and urged residents to rely only on verified government sources for employment-related information.

📩 Stone Reporters News | 🌍 stonereportersnews.com

✉️ info@stonereportersnews.com | 📘 Facebook: Stone Reporters News | 🐦 X (Twitter): @StoneReportNew | 📸 Instagram: @stonereportersnews

Add comment

Comments

There are no comments yet.